Credicorp Ltd. (NYSE: BAP) is the largest financial holding in Peru and maintains a diversified business portfolio.
Credicorp’s companies are organized into four lines of business:
- Universal Banking, through Banco de Credito del Peru-BCP and Banco de Credito de Bolivia
- Microfinance, through Mibanco and Encumbra
- Insurance and Pensions, through Grupo Pacifico and Prima AFP
- Investment Banking & Wealth Management, through Credicorp Capital, Wealth Management at BCP and Atlantic Security Bank
(1) Agreement with Banmedica includes i) the private health insurance business, which is managed by Grupo Pacifico, and ii) the business of corporate health insurance for payroll employees and the medical services, which are managed by Banmedica.
(2) At the end of January 2018, UnitedHealth Group Inc signed a definitive agreement to buy Banmedica SA. (UnitedHealth Group now owns 96.8% of Empresas Banmedica).